May Parasols Dacapo with Crank Drive Oval
A ball-and-socket joint allows the canopy to be brought into any inclined position and locked in place. The height of the free-arm parasol is adjusted quickly and easily with the help of the standard gas spring in the parasol pole. In this way, your parasol can be adjusted extremely comfortably and in no time at all to the respective position of the sun or used as a privacy screen.
Your advantages / benefits
- Optimal use of your outdoor area/patio with 5 different model sizes (round, oval, square, rectangular)
- Round parasol up to 9 m², square parasol up to 7 m² area
- Side pole parasol, thus optimum freedom of movement
- Ball joint for any inclined position of the parasol
- Parasol can also be positioned vertically, e.g. as a privacy screen
- Cantilever arm also horizontally adjustable (DACAPO DK with hand crank)
- Gas spring as standard for easy height adjustment
- Set up and dismantling in seconds
- Sturdy design
- Frame made of high-quality anodised aluminium profiles EV1 grey from European production
- Spokes made of powder-coated spring steel in silver RAL 9006
- UV protection UPF40 to UPF80, according to standard UV801
- Entire umbrella fabric collection completely tested according to UV801
- Quick and easy replacement of fabric
- Various valance versions
- All parts optimised for care and maintenance
- Supplied ready to set up
- All parts can be repurchased and repaired on site
In addition to the basic model (DACAPO DG), the DACAPO side pole parasol is also available with a crank handle for horizontal adjustment of the cantilever arm (DACAPO DK). DACAPO is also flexible when it comes to shape - here you can choose between round, oval, rectangular or square. In addition, the DACAPO free-arm sunshade also impresses with its elegant design - a jewel for the garden and terrace!
1. MAY DACAPO (DG) Basic version
A ball-and-socket joint allows the canopy of the DACAPO to be tilted and locked in any desired position, depending on the position of the sun.
2. DACAPO (DK) with crank operation for cantilever arm adjustment
The parasol can optionally be ordered with a horizontal adjustment of the cantilever arm by means of a crank operation.
3. The frame
The frame is made of very high-quality, alloyed, extruded aluminium profiles. The frame surface is anodised, extremely shock and impact resistant and available in the colour EV1 anodised silver-grey. The spokes are made of spring steel and are available powder-coated in the colour white aluminium RAL 9006.
4. Valance variants
The canopy '1' has a classic flounce. The version '2' does not have a flounce. This looks simple and modern, not only in the private sector.
5. Unhindered freedom of movement
DACAPO free-arm parasols offer unrestricted freedom of movement in the entire parasol area thanks to the external parasol mast. This allows you to use garden, balcony and terrace areas without restriction.
6. Very high mobility of the canopy
The canopy can be adjusted according to the position of the sun, e.g. 90° position for protection from slanting sun or as a privacy screen from prying eyes.
7. Set up and dismantle in seconds
Simply ingenious to use: the DACAPO can be set up in just a few steps and just as quickly folded up and stowed away in a space-saving manner, without the hassle of disassembly.
8. When not in use
During periods of bad weather, the protective cover provided can simply be put over the parasol. The protective cover already has a fixed rod sewn in for easy operation as well as an integrated zip.
9. The frame coating
The frame surface is powder-coated, extremely shock and impact resistant and available in RAL 9010 pure white.
Other special colours are available at an extra charge.
10. Fabric type and fabric colours
Choose from over 70 contemporary textile designs, available in three different fabric types:
- MayTex-Poly, 230 g/m², water column > 1,000 mm
- MayTex acrylic, 300 g/m², water column 370 mm
- Further colours and fabric types available on request at any time
- Textiles with fire certification (A or B) on request
- All fabrics from European production
11. Operating instructions
Proper handling of the product ensures a long life expectancy. Benefit from our 30 years of experience
DACAPO - TYP: DK - 2.5 X 3.35 METER - OVAL
|Dimensions||2.5 x 3.35 m|
|Area per canopy||6.8 m²|
|A1||min. / max.||250 / 290 cm|
|B||min. / max.||180 cm|
|C||min. / max.||215 / 255 cm|
|D1||min. / max.||206.5 cm|
|H||185 / 225 cm|
|K||min. / max.||93 / 133 cm|
|L||min. / max.||160 / 200 cm|
|M1||min. / max.||32 / 72 cm|
|O1||min. / max.||16 / 56 cm|
|P||Support pole diameter||Ø 5.5 cm|
|Pole thickness||0.3 cm|
|Weight without packaging
MayTex-Acryl without valance
Length (cm) / Wide (cm) / Height (cm) / Weight (kg)
|235 / 32 / 18 / 3|
|50 / 50 / 60 cm|
Number of layers of concrete slabs XZ49
|1 x ~ 72 kg|
The heights specified are for parasols with MayTex-Acryl covering fabric that are mounted in an anchor tube (DMZ118, DMZ146). The increase in height for parasols with other installation bases can be seen in the list below:
|Cross pedestal||DMZ110||+ 6 cm|
|Full frame pedestal||DMZ411||+ 9 cm|
|Full frame pedestal||DMZ412||+ 12 cm|
|Full frame pedestal||DMZ414||+ 16 cm|
|Full frame pedestal||DMZ420||+ 19 cm|
|Granite base||DMZ141||+ 10 cm|
|Wheeled pedestal||DMZ282||+ 14/15 cm|
|Anchor plate||DMZ261||+ 4 cm|
|Base plate||DMZ271||+ 12 cm|