Burgon & Ball Ratchet Pruner Secateurs
Usually 1 - 2 working days
The ingenious mechanism of these Burgon and Ball Ratchet Pruner Secateurs allows you to prune much harder stems than ususal or to prune as usual but with less effort, making pruning easier. These Burgon and Ball Ratchet Pruner Secateurs won the best Secateurs by Amateur Gardening Magazine.
Burgon & Ball Ratchet Pruner Secateurs :
- Hand pruner length: 20cm
- Perfect for harder stems
- Anvil action - This is where the blade cuts down onto the cutting block.
- Precision ground high carbon steel blade gives sharpness essential for cutting through dead wood.
- Ratchet Mechanism - powerful cutting with minimum effort. Gives 3 times the cutting power than a pair of regular bypass secateurs.
- Easy release secure blade lock.
- Finger guard reduces skin scratches.
For old/dead wood which tends to harden up and requires much more effort to cut, this is easily the best tool.
History of Burgon & Ball Garden Tool Heritage:
Burgon & Ball began manufacturing quality stainless steel tools in 1730 in the industrial heartland of Sheffield. For over 275 years they have produced some of the finest hand and cutting tools in the world.
Most important to a gardener are many of the 'hidden qualities' that only emerge when a tool is used. Qualities such as ensuring an edge tool cuts months and years down the line, not just when it's brought home from the shop. The secret behind this lies with the hardness of the metal used in Burgon and Ball Garden Products. They are made from high-carbon steel, heat treated to the optimum hardness (measured in Rockwell Values) for the tool.
From stainless steel hand forks and trowels, stainless steel compost scoops, to top quality ratchet pruners, Burgon & Ball Garden Products really are the best in the field.